What is better than a box of chocolates? A luxurious chocolate Exotic Shorthair or Exotic Longhair kitten of course! Here are some FAQs regarding color variations, personality characteristics to help you decide if a chocolate Exotic Shorthair kitten or Exotic Longhair kitten would be the kitten of your dreams.
The kittens on this page are sold and we are using only for reference. View our currently available chocolate kittens for sale or view all kittens for sale.
Chocolate Exotic Shorthair & Exotic Longhair Kitten Color Variations
The chocolate Exotic Shorthair kittens and Exotic Longhair kittens we breed can come in the following variations:
- Chocolate Tortoiseshell
- Chocolate Bicolor Van (Has chocolate but is dominantly white)
- Chocolate bicolor (Chocolate and white)
- Chocolate Smoke (The undercoat white, deeply tipped with chocolate. Cat in photos appears chocolate. In motion the white undercoat is clearly apparent. Face, legs and tail, chocolate with narrow bands of white at base of hairs next to the skin which may only be seen when hair is parted.)
- Solid Chocolate
Some alternate ways that we have heard others refer to them are dark brown or brown. We refer to colors in accordance with CFA* standards so we will use the term “chocolate”.
See additional gallery of chocolate Exotic Shorthair kittens and chocolate Exotic Shorthair kittens.
Personality & Characteristics
All Exotic Shorthair kittens and Exotic Longhair kittens whether chocolate or any other color, have a gentle and calm personality reminiscent of the Persian but are generally livelier than their longhaired ancestors. Exotic Shorthair kittens and Exotic Longhair kittens very are curious and playful.
The endearing Exotic Shorthair kitten and Exotic Longhair kitten is a peaceful, easygoing companion who will be content to quietly follow you around and then sit in your lap for petting whenever you give him the chance.
Your chocolate Exotic Shorthair kitten or chocolate Exotic Longhair kitten will enjoy playing with a toy or chasing a ball or wadded-up piece of paper. Puzzle toys that require him to think and move to release treats or kibble are a great way to keep him occupied when you aren’t there to provide a lap. You can even use a clicker to teach him tricks such as “Sit” or “Wave.”
Exotic Shorthair & Exotic Longhair Kitten Quick Facts
- The Exotic Shorthair kitten and Exotic Longhair kitten is a loving lap kitten with a somewhat more lively personality than the Persian.
- The Exotic Shorthair kitten and Exotic Longhair kitten has the look of a Persian but with a short, plush coat that comes in many beautiful colors and patterns, including chocolate, cream, black smoke, lilac, colorpoint, solid, bicolor, calico, tabby, red, and tortoiseshell.
- The word round is key when speaking of this breed. Exotic Shorthair kittens and Exotic Longhair kittens have round eyes, round heads, and rounded bodies.
Mon Chéri Cattery Exotic Shorthair Kitten Breeders
Mon Chéri Cattery is an Arkansas breeder of Exotic Shorthair kittens and Exotic Longhair kittens or some may call Persian kittens both pet and show-quality and a CFA Cattery of Excellence. Our Exotic Shorthair kittens for sale and Exotic Longhair kittens for sale are of outstanding pedigrees, including champions, which trace to Kings and Queens from Russia, Germany, European imports, and carefully chosen domestic bloodlines. For over 20 years we have breed Exotic Shorthair kittens that are healthy, beautiful, well-socialized and smart. Our Exotic Shorthair kittens for sale are available in the most desired shades of chocolate, calico, lilac, red, cream, bicolor, solid, tabby, colorpoint, black smoke, and the rare tortoiseshell.
*CFA or The Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc. is currently the world’s largest registry of pedigreed cats and known as the most prestigious pedigreed cat registering association in North America. See our Mon Chéri Cattery profile on CFA.